Red Lion "Turns Up the Heat" with New PAX2C Controller
Red Lion Controls, the global experts in communication, monitoring and control for industrial automation, today announced that the company has expanded its portfolio of industrial automation solutions with the new PAX2C PID controller, which is designed specifically for the process and temperature control markets. Applications include food & beverage, plastics, packaging, energy, gas, heat treating and glass processing.
The PAX2C is the latest addition to Red Lion's PAX2 series, adding a number of flexible, easy‐to‐use features to help customers improve productivity and drive efficiency on the production line. The PAX2C's features include:
- Field installable plug‐in option cards - simplifies configuration by enabling customers to seamlessly use different cards to build their own controllers. This type of flexibility, which is unique in the controller market, eliminates the need to order additional products to meet changing application requirements.
- Dual‐line tri‐color display - provides at‐a‐glance visual representation of up to 16 changing alarm conditions with 7 programmable color zones; customizable to allow users full access to bar graphs, annunciators, color zones and display mnemonics.
- Universal input - accepts current, voltage, resistance, temperature and process signals all in the same unit.
- Universal power supply - accepts AC or DC power, and is ready to plug in "out of the box" for fast, easy installation regardless of power polarity.
- Easy programming, firmware and software upgrades - using a standard built‐in USB connector and Red Lion's Crimson software to support both current needs and future requirements.
"The real game‐changer with our PAX2C is the flexible plug‐in option cards - customers can build their own controllers by simply changing cards," said Jeff Thornton, director of product management at Red Lion Controls. "This reduces inventory and lowers costs because they only need to stock a single controller and a handful of option cards."
The PAX2C is available now through authorized Red Lion resellers and distributors. To learn more about Red Lion's industrial automation solutions, please visit www.redlion.net or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Red Lion Controls
As the global experts in communication, monitoring and control for industrial automation, Red Lion has been delivering innovative solutions to customers for forty years. Our award‐winning technology enables companies worldwide to gain real‐time data visibility that drives productivity. Product brands include Red Lion, Sixnet and N‐Tron. With headquarters in York, Pennsylvania, the company has offices across the Americas, Asia‐Pacific and Europe. For more information, please visit www.redlion.net. Red Lion is a Spectris company.